Makeup
LA ROCHE-POSAY ANTHELIOS MINERAL TINTED SUNSCREEN FOR FACE
W
2023-03-18 19:14
people liked

LA ROCHE-POSAY
ANTHELIOS MINERAL TINTED SUNSCREEN FOR FACE SPF 50
Tinted Mineral Sunscreen for Face

I had a terrible reaction to this product. The skin around my eyes became inflamed and burning.
Now after skin patch testing, which the patch containing LA ROCHE-POSAY, became red and inflamed.
The dermatologist is informing me I had a slight reaction, it could go either way and was not even sure I had an allergy to Benzoic Acid and Benzoates. My question is I have other products with Sodium Benzoate, and I am fine with it. What should I do, if she was not sure but told me to eliminate all Benzoates.
I am really upset and do not know where to go from here. I would have to eliminate so many products and she was not even sure. But for sure the LA ROCHE-POSAY ANTHELIOS MINERAL TINTED SUNSCREEN FOR FACE SPF 50 Tinted Mineral Sunscreen for Face, caused a bad reaction.

How does this ingredient list look to everyone. Any other irritants that stand out?
Advice on how I should proceed.

LA ROCHE-POSAY ANTHELIOS MINERAL TINTED SUNSCREEN FOR FACE SPF 50
Tinted Mineral Sunscreen for Face

KEY INGREDIENTSSenna Alata, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Thermal Spring Water, Selenium, Silica, Iron Oxides
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
TITANIUM DIOXIDE 11%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
WATER• ISODODECANE• C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE• DIMETHICONE• UNDECANE• TRIETHYLHEXANOIN• ISOHEXADECANE• STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER• NYLON-12• CAPRYLYL METHICONE• BUTYLOCTYL SALICYLATE• PHENETHYL BENZOATE• SILICA• TRIDECANE• DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE• DICAPRYLYL ETHER• TALC• DIMETHICONE / PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER• ALUMINUM STEARATE• PENTYLENE GLYCOL• PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE• IRON OXIDES• ALUMINA• POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID• PHENOXYETHANOL• MAGNESIUM SULFATE• PROPYLENE GLYCOL• CAPRYLYL GLYCOL• ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE• PEG-8 LAURATE• STEARIC ACID• DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE• DIETHYLHEXYL SYRINGYLIDENEMALONATE• TOCOPHEROL• PROPYLENE CARBONATE• CASSIA ALATA LEAF EXTRACT• MALTODEXTRIN• BENZOIC ACID• DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE

S
2023-05-14 18:57
people liked

Have you ever heard of this website? inciDecoder.com
There you can copy/paste a list of a product's ingredients and it will give you the run down on each. It may also have the product in their database. If you join the site, you can even add the product yourself if it's not already listed.

When I pasted your list of ingredients for this product it came back to show that 4 specific ingredients could be irritants or non-comedogenic.

Stearic Acid - 0, 2-3
Tocopherol 0-3, 0-3
Dimethicone 0, 1
Talc - 0, 1

Those number ratings are explained on the page link below, but in general as stated on that page, about ratings:
"It is a number on the 0-5 scale that describes the potential of an ingredient to cause comedones or irritate the skin surface. 0 is the best and means no comedones/irritation, while 5 means the (undiluted) ingredient has a good chance of causing problems. Sometimes the rating is a from-to value (eg. 0-2) where the result depended on the study, source of raw material or type of oil (refined or not)."

https://incidecoder.com/comedogenic-rating

Also, if you want to see the whole list of ingredents yourself, paste your list of ingredients into this page:
https://incidecoder.com/decode-inci

The results page will contain a ton of info, but if you scroll down to the heading "Skim Through" you'll see an organized table containing a partial list of ingredients and their properties - click the "more" link below the table to get the full list.

The third column of the table is labeled "irr.,com." - short for "irritancy" and "comedogenicity" - and the numbers shown in that column for each ingredient is its rating for each of those factors.

Hope this info helps!
Sherry

b
2023-07-26 21:02
people liked

hi, i am sorry this product didn't give a good experience for you, and i am also interested to the cause of your allergies.
What i thinks is that the problem might be on the ingredient "titanium dioxide",it contents 11% which is not a low dose for sunscreen. Personally i was allergic many times whiles using different sunscreen products which contain this ingredient. Maybe you can avoid this ingredient next time.
Here is what i found online about allergy to titanium dioxide:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6099462/

Titanium is being increasingly used. Although it is considered to be a non‐allergenic material, allergic reactions to it have been reported. Titanium dioxide has been found to be an unreliable patch test material. Few studies to date have profiled titanium allergy, and it therefore remains difficult to distinguish its manifestations.

Objectives

To evaluate alternatives for titanium dioxide as a patch test preparation, and to profile titanium reactions and manifestations.

Methods

A retrospective chart review was conducted with 458 patients who underwent patch testing with at least 1 of 5 different titanium salts.

Results

At least 1 positive result was noted in 5.7% of the patients. The frequency of positive results for the tested salts ranged from 0.9% to 7.9%. Titanium(IV) oxalate hydrate had the highest yield and titanium dioxide the lowest. Erythema, dermatitis and local swelling were the most common objective complaints. In 16 (61.5%) patients, the test result had partial or full clinical relevance.

Conclusions

No titanium‐specific risk factors and clinical picture could be identified. Titanium dioxide is not adequately sensitive for identifying titanium allergy. The titanium salts seem to be possible superior patch test preparations, but appear to be unsuitable if used singly. The patient's medical history and clinical picture remain crucial in the diagnostic work‐up.

Keywords: contact allergy, dermatitis, implants, medical device, patch test, titanium

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.