Cosmetic Ingredients
Differin fungal acne malassezia
2019-10-16 04:42
people liked

Hey guys

Is differin cream fungal acne safe? From ingredient list what i can see could be problematic is PEG-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate and methylglucose sesquistearate, but:

PEG-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate has C27H54O9 molecular formula so C27 means its safe

methyl glucose sesquistearate has C68H133O18-3 molecular formula so C68 means its safe too

Or am I wrong? please helppppp

- 2024-02-25
b
2019-10-25 13:34
people liked

yeah it should be fine for fungal acne. just make sure you don't use it more than 3 times a week, because over-exfoliating can lead to fungal acne!

2019-11-03 09:33
people liked

Differin is safe for Fungal Acne. I cleared my acne with it but bec i'm on my 30's i swithed into tretinoin, more effective for my wrinkles

Last edited: 2019-11-03 09:34

l
2019-11-08 16:20
people liked

@czikpis
According to https://folliculitisscout.com
PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate and Methylglucose Sesquistearate
Are Esters that are NOT Fungal Acne Safe. They contain stearic acid and will feed Malassezia.

czikpis said:
Hey guys

Is differin cream fungal acne safe? From ingredient list what i can see could be problematic is PEG-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate and methylglucose sesquistearate, but:

PEG-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate has C27H54O9 molecular formula so C27 means its safe

methyl glucose sesquistearate has C68H133O18-3 molecular formula so C68 means its safe too

Or am I wrong? please helppppp
Last edited: 2019-11-08 16:22

S
2023-12-08 19:29
people liked

Navigating skincare ingredients can be tricky! From what you've shared, both PEG-20 methyl glucose sesquistearate and methyl glucose sesquistearate appear to have carbon chains that fall within the "safe" range. However, individual reactions can vary. If you're concerned about potential issues, it might be best to do a patch test or consult with a dermatologist for personalized advice. Skincare is quite individual, and what works for one person might not for another. Congrats, I am happy for you. I really like it. It is my dream to have one but it is costly for me. hehe I can’t say enough good things about this https://stateofwriting.com/ site which is an online writing services Their custom writing service changed my life as a student studying in the UK. The level of quality and professionalism of their writers was second to none. I highly recommend the State of Writing to all my fellow students.

Last edited: 2023-12-16 19:50

We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.